Honeybrix’s Online Privacy Statement
Personal Data Protection Act 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) that came into force effectively 15th November 2013 regulates the processing and collection of personal data by data users in commercial transactions, and to safeguard the interest of data subject.
We, Honeybrix and our subsidiaries, related and associated companies (collectively “Honeybrix”) are committed to the protection of your personal information when using any of our Honeybrix websites. In compliance with the PDPA, we have taken the necessary steps to meet data privacy requirements by providing with this Privacy Statement outlining our practices concerning how your personal information is being collected and used by us.
Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Honeybrix reserves the right to amend any portion of this policy from time to time.
The Privacy Statement outlines how we collect, store, share, use and disclose the personal information that you provide us with. Honeybrix endeavours to collect your personal information with your knowledge and consent which we believe to be true, accurate and complete in all respects.
For the purpose of this Privacy Statement:
|“Honeybrix, us, we or our”
|means Honeybrix and/or our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or entity forming any part of Honeybrix and shall include our agents, employees, contractors, and sub-contractors
|means any personal information or data of a living individual in which relates directly or indirectly to you, including any information that can be used to identify or distinguish you, e.g. name, Identify Card / Passport No., address, contact number and etc. Personal information also includes the ‘sensitive personal information’ of the individual.
|“Sensitive Personal Information”
|sensitive personal information of the individual consisting of information as to the physical or mental health condition or disability, political opinion, religious beliefs or other beliefs of similar nature, commission or alleged commission of any offence or any other Personal Data determined by law criminal records, commission or alleged
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pursuant to the requirement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, we are issuing this notice to all our valued customers/prospective customer.
We only collect your personal identifiable information about you if you choose to give it to us. During the course of dealings between you and Honeybrix, you will be requested to provide or has provided to us your personal data to be collected, retained, shared, used and processed for purposes in respect of our products and/or services.
NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data collected by us may include, but not limited to the following:-
- name, occupation and company name;
- age, gender, date of birth, national registration identity card number, passport number;
- race, ethnic origin, nationality;
- contact information including private and/or business address, email address and telephone or mobile phone number;
- marital status, details of children, income range, employer; and
- such other relevant information.
PURPOSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
The purposes for which your personal data will be used depend on the circumstances in which that personal data is collected.
Generally, your personal data will be/is being collected, retained, shared, used, disclosed and/or processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:-
- the purpose for which you provided it to us;
- purposes which are directly related to the purpose for which you provided it to us;
- for internal record keeping;
- for employment opportunities in the event you have provided information for such purposes;
- to engage in business transactions in respect of products and/or services to be offered and provided to you;
- for marketing and promotional activities, market surveys, trend and statistical analysis;
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you request (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedback);
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- for all other purposes in relation or incidental to the above that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be kept confidential with us. However, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to certain categories of parties as listed below:-
- Any related, associates, affiliates and subsidiaries of Honeybrix;
- Auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business;
- Honeybrix third party service providers, third party management companies, business partners, contractors, sub-contractors and/or authorized or contracted third party in relation to providing you with related products and services;
- Honeybrix appointed service providers in relation of our delivery services;
- Any persons, government agencies, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators, whom we are compelled or required to do so by law;
- Your present and past employers;
- Education and training institutions and examining bodies;
- Employment and recruitment agencies; and
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent.
Honeybrix will take reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data. Honeybrix will employ a number of procedural, physical and technological security measures to protect your personal information against data loss or theft, destruction, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Cookies and related technologies
We may transfer personal data which we hold about you to our strategic business partners or authorized or contracted third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia. You understand and consent to us transferring your personal data to these business partners, authorized or contracted third party outside Malaysia in these instances.
ACCURACY AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Honeybrix strives to maintain complete, current, and accurate personal data. You are responsible for ensuring your Personal Data provided to Honeybrix is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. Where a data subject establishes that the personal data we hold is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date, you may contact us and/ or bring to our attention to promptly rectify or correct the records as necessary.
If you provide to Honeybrix personal information about someone other than yourself (for example, your referee or guarantor), you are required to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to Honeybrix and obtain their consent for you to give Honeybrix their personal information.
The personal data you provide to us is obligatory and necessary in order for us to provide you with the products and/or services. Any failure to provide such personal data may have effects on our provision of the products and/or services (such effects may include the non-provision of the products and/or services) to you and we are not liable for any loss, damage, or any other liability resulting directly or indirectly from such effects.
You may at any time hereafter make inquiries, complaints and/or request for access to, or correction of, your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by submitting such request to the Human Resources Department of Honeybrix at the address below:AHRD Department, No. 66-78, Pusat Suria Permata, Jalan Upper Lanang 12, C.D.T. 123, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia Attention: HR Manager
ERASURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Any Personal Data retained by us will be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in the event such data is no longer required for the Purposes.
COLLECTING TECHNICAL INFORMATION
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
We may have links to other external websites that do not belong to Honeybrix. If you visit one of these linked external websites, you should review their privacy policies and we are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies, and any information you submit to them is subject to their privacy policies.
By providing your Personal Data to us, you understand, consent and agree to the collection and use of your Personal Data by us in the ways described in this Statement. In addition, you consent to your referees, the school/college/university/institute where you have studied, the professional qualifying bodies where you received your accreditation and employers to disclose your personal information to us.